Yesterday, we introduced, Using Social Media to Market Your Business. Today we are going to being the steps to update all your social media accounts to make sure they are ready to work for you.
You may already have accounts, but they may not be optimized or properly targeted, or may not match your current branding. So take the time to follow along and update your accounts. We will work with Facebook today and in an upcoming post we will tackle Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Step 1: Review Your Facebook Profile
While this is not your business page, many people may search for your business by going to your profile.
- Make sure you have a link to your business page in your profile about section. You would not believe how many people do no have this. How will people ever find your business if you don’t provide the link? Make it as easy as possible for people to find your business page.
- Make sure you have a current, clear, picture as your profile picture.
Step 2: Create/Review Facebook Business Page
Your Facebook business page is where current and potential new clients first “meet” you. It needs to represent your brand and encourage visitors to get on your mailing list as well as interact in other ways.
- Do you have a header image that represents your brand. For instance, If you go to the Perceptive PR Facebook page, you will notice the branding on my header.
- Make sure the profile picture is a current picture of you or your business logo. (Most people prefer to do business with a person, so I suggest a picture)
- Create a call to action to sign up for a current free offer on your website.
- Please check to make sure that the “about” section is current as well.
- Make sure you have a link to your Web Page in the about section and the description.
- Complete all business information that Facebook requests.
Step 3: Create/Review Facebook Group
A Facebook business page is great for attracting new people, You may want a more targeted group to foster stronger connections, if so, you may wish to create a group.
- Please create a branded header image as well as a targeted description
- Determine which is the best choice for your group format: open, closed, or secret.
- Open: Anyone can see and read posts and join.
- Closed: Anyone can see the group and request to join, but they must be approved and they cannot post or comment until they are.
- Secret: No one can see the group. New members must be invited individually.
There you have the things we need to check on in Facebook. We will review the other social media channels in upcoming posts and then take you step by step through finding content. Check back in a day or two for the next post in the Social Media Marketing Series.