Do you use positive affirmations? Many people swear by them. They can change your thoughts, change your beliefs, change your life! Thank you to our guest blog author, Susan Gonzales. Susan is a creative, fun loving trainer, professional coach, mentor, and distinguished speaker. You will love her post on affirmations!
100 Positive Affirmations To Change Your Life
If your bank balance is lingering around zero, try saying this affirmation over and over: “I’m wealthy beyond measure, I’m wealthy …” Then notice how that feels. If you’re like most of us, you’d probably feel a little silly. Because there’s a voice in your head saying that’s not true and a mental tug of war begins in your mind.
And yet, you hear Oprah and others like Tony Robbins talk about the power of daily affirmations in their lives. So how does it work? The answer is quite simple, but immensely powerful. The answer is that those who use daily affirmations to their advantage bypass the conscious mind so the tug of war never happens. This simple daily ritual directly injects the subconscious with new beliefs that initiate change.
What are Positive Affirmations?
The word affirmation comes from the Latin word, affirmare, and means to “make steady and strengthen”. Okay, now how does that translate into your daily life? Well, a positive affirmation sets the tone for the day and helps you consciously manifest your thoughts into actions. Actions that can have tremendous impact on yourself and the people you encounter in your daily life.
Why do Positive Affirmations Work?
It starts with your beliefs. Those beliefs, whether positive or negative, influence every aspect of your life – goals, values, thoughts, habits, actions, self-esteem, fulfillment, choices, relationships, and outcomes. You become what you believe you are destined to be. When the beliefs are developed as a result of repetition they become engrained and you will believe them to be the truth. So, if you were told repeatedly as a child that you were clumsy, chances are you probably didn’t go into ballet. If you were told that you were generous, you’ll believe that you have great generosity within you.
3 Simple Steps
- Take a deep breath so you can center yourself and focus on the affirmation. If you want to maximize the impact you need to clear your mind and stay open to this process. As with all things, it takes a little practice. Ask yourself, “Who do I want to be?”
- Say your positive affirmation. Reflect on the words you are using to maximize the effectiveness. Be prepared to have a little disconnect at first. It’s very common and natural. It’s called cognitive dissonance, which Steven Aitchison describes as your brain trying to hold onto conflicting beliefs at the same time.
- Visualize yourself as if you already believe the affirmation. Try to get as much imagery as possible. Like a “mind movie” that includes how you feel, how you act, and how it is different. Feel the emotions (confident, energized, happy, powerful, fulfilled…)as you visualize yourself being this way and keep those in mind as you go about the day.
Here are some of my favorite affirmations that will energize you to become the person you always wanted to be.
- I am not afraid to take risks in my life.
- I have the courage to stand up for myself.
- I am a naturally self-confident person
- I have a positive outlook on life.
- I am always happy.
- I choose to celebrate the good things each day.
- I love myself deeply.
- I will let my true light shine brilliantly.
- I am capable of great things in life.
- Being financially independent is possible for me.
- I am a millionaire.
- I am good with money and naturally seek it out.
- I make my own success.
- It’s now or never, it’s my time to soar.
- I will achieve all my dreams.
Susan Gonzales is a creative, fun loving trainer, professional coach, mentor, and distinguished speaker. With over 20 years of senior level experience in business and talent development, she is highly regarded as an agent of change with a people first approach. She is the CEO of Susan Gonzales Enterprises L.L.C. and creator of the Make it YOUR Mark™ personal growth and development system. Susan works with authors, thinkers, educators and leaders who have blazed a trail of innovation in self-development, parenting, education, coaching, entrepreneurship, and more. Celebrated for her inspirational message and inviting presentation style, Susan draws from her knowledge and expertise to engage and motivate her audiences to become the change agents in their own lives and businesses.
It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it! Everyone at some point in their lives has played by someone else’s rules. Poured themselves into a mold that no longer fits or limits their unique talents. It’s how you learn to fit in, to pay your dues, to move up in the world. The challenge is that sometimes you become lost in the doing. Your voice, talents, and unique perspectives become minimized. By the end of Mike it YOUR Mark, you will understand how to get and stay in the zone, how to change what you don’t love, and how to start living the kind of life you used to be jealous of.
Make it YOUR Mark is now available on Amazon! Just click this link to learn more and to purchase a copy. Learn More and Get Your Copy