You may be wondering what in the world PR and Bikini’s have in common? Well, bathing attire is always changing. What is popular one year is out the next. There have been changes in PR too!
Just like buying a new bathing suit to keep up with the times, your PR efforts need to be updated as well. If you are still trying to attract new customers the way you did 20 years ago, you are probably missing out big time.
Take a minute and check out the changes in swimwear over the years! Click on the picture to view the video of changes!
Changes in PR
Just like changes in bathing suits, we have had PR changes you need to stay abreast of. A few changes that have occurred:
- Blogging. You don’t just have to depend on reporters and publications to get your story out. Blogging is a way to get the word out! Blogging allows customers and potential customers to engage with your brand much more effectively than traditional public relations channels. Most importantly, having a blog is one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website.
- Social Media. It’s not just Facebook anymore. Your company should also be on Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and more. These sites provide ways to showcase your brand and story. They need to be a part of your public relations strategy.
- More Engagement. Create social media content that permits and encourages likes, comments, retweets, etc.
- All About Reputation. When you Google your company, what do you see? Your public relations strategy should enhance your reputation. This allows consumers to be able to find good information about you, which results in more sales, etc.
- Mobile Capabilities. More people use their phones now than computers. With a good mobile site, consumers and reporters alike can find information about your company.
- News in Minutes. Within minutes a news story can be in the online version of your favorite publication on TV, etc.
- More Affordable Than Ever. Public relations services can be made to fit your budget and needs and is much cheaper than advertising.
As a publicist, I spend a considerable amount of time staying current and making sure my customers are using PR to their best advantage.
Perceptive Public Relations can help you with your PR. Give us a call. Hunting a new bathing suit….you are on your own!